About

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chocolate Lover's Muffins for Tea Time!

Two posts in one day! Shoot me now! I just couldn't wait to send this muffin recipe and I had the perfect light for this shot. Check out the steam on the tea. Am I good, or what? I made these muffins yesterday and they are still amazingly good and moist! Ali works at Starbucks and brings home Tazo tea, which is a full-leaf tea. My favorite is Passion because it is herbal and I can drink it at night. I never really liked tea until she introduced me to this stuff and now I love it. I still need my morning coffee, but a cup of tea in the afternoon or evening is perfect. This afternoon I am giving Earl Grey a shot. It smells of lavender, which is relaxing and perfect for this afternoon before I get going on dinner.



So here is the recipe for the muffins. I'll probably send along the dinner recipes tomorrow: roasted green tomatillo sauce and black bean and corn salsa.

CHOCOLATE LOVER'S MUFFINS

2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. baking cocoa
3 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 egg
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. sour cream
1 t. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
1/2 c. heath bar/toffee pieces

Preheat oven to 350'. In bowl of mixer combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. In a separate bowl whisk the egg, milk, sour cream, and vanilla. Melt butter and whisk into wet ingredients and then combine with dry ingredients just until combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and heath pieces. Line muffin cups with paper liners or spray well. Spoon mixture into the cups (I use a mechanical ice cream scoop for perfect portions). It should make about 15-18 muffins. Bake them for 20 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack.

Until next time... stay warm and loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment