About

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Santaberry Sauce

We lived in Seattle, Washington for 7 years while David worked for KOMO during his photojournalist days. Although Ali was born 6 months before we moved there, Nate and Kami were both born at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle. I was a young mother and part of a great group of moms from our church, Grace Church, that met twice a month. The group was called MOST (Mothers of Small Tots) and was formed by a wonderful lady, Barbara Stuart, who wanted to encourage young mothers. She did a great thing by creating that place where we learned homemaking skills, received godly encouragement and made life-long friendships. Every December we had a special Christmas Tea and one year the special speaker brought us several recipes and craft tips for the holidays. This recipe that follows and one for Pumpkin Gingerbread, which I will post one day, are two that I make almost every year.

Santaberry Sauce is great as a side dish, as an appetizer piled on top of a block of cream cheese surrounded by Carr's Whole Wheat Crackers or as a filling for a myriad of different desserts, including the sour cream strudel recipe that you will see tomorrow.

One of these days I will start including photos with my posts. I need to figure this whole blog thing out... maybe enlist the creative powers of Nate, the computer genius, to make it more personal. For now, you just get the recipes!

Santaberry Sauce

1 lb. bag fresh cranerries
1 12oz jar orange marmalade
1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. shredded coconut
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. water

Combine all and put in 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. Allow to cool.

Enjoy!!


Merry Christmas in 2 days!

ps - don't expect a recipe every day :)

2 comments:

  1. I still have a packet of recipes from those days too - and a handout that you gave out (I think), let me know if you want me to look it up!

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the one that was called "It's Raining, now what?" I remember doing a booklet for that. Not sure if I kept a copy of it! I have such fond memories of MOST and all the things we did and learned!

    ReplyDelete